N-Solv™ is a proprietary in-situ technology that uses warm solvent to extract bitumen from oil sands efficiently, sustainably, and economically. The environmentally friendly process consumes no water and operates at an 80-85% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared with existing commercial technologies. The first of its kind pilot plant located near Ft. McMurray, Alberta has been operating successfully since 2013.
- 85% less energy required for extraction than Steam-Assisted Gravity Drainage.
- In-situ upgrading cleaner lighter oil higher product value
- Lower CAPEX investment than steam-based in-situ technologies.
- Lower OPEX from elimination of steam production and water treatment plants
- Lighter, more valuable oil product
- Zero process water usage
- Low input energy + in-situ upgrading = 93kg CO2e per barrel avoided emissions